Teche Regional sign causes fire false alarm
A fire call from Teche Regional Medical Center in Morgan City Tuesday afternoon was caused by a faulty electronic sign.
While Morgan City Fire Chief Morris Price said this morning that false alarms at the hospital in which the fire alarm goes off are common, most of those calls are quickly cancelled by the alarm company because nothing serious has occurred.
However, this time, he said a nurse at the hospital called the department just before 4 p.m. Tuesday to report that smoke was coming out of one of the exit signs on the seventh floor.
Price said that no evacuations were necessary and no damage was suffered other than the sign, which must be replaced.