Small fire quickly put out in jail laundry room
A small fire at the St. Mary Parish Law Enforcement Center just after noon Thursday in Centerville was quickly dealt with.
Sheriff Mark A. Hebert said the Centerville Volunteer Fire Department was called to a fire at the jail and found that a lint fire started in a dryer in the laundry room
It was quickly extinguished.
Sheriff Hebert said no inmates were in the area at the time and the fire department ran fans to removed smoke from the laundry room corridor.
Hebert said that working operations of the facility returned to normal after an hour or so.