Miss Franklin Scholarship Pageant to be held this weekend
The Annual Miss and Teen Miss Franklin Scholarship Pageant, as well as the Franklin Miss and Master Royalty Pageant, will be held this Saturday, October 6 at 1 p.m. at the Franklin Recreation Center. This year’s theme will be “Hollywood, Franklin Celebrities Walk the Red Carpet”. Several visiting queens will be present for the pageant and will all be wearing colored boas in keeping with the theme.
Contestants in the Miss and Teen Miss Franklin Pageant will compete in Personal Interview (business suit), Sportswear (official pageant T-shirt with shorts or skirt) and Evening Gown (floor-length, any color).
Miss and Teen winners will receive a rhinestone crown, a trophy and a custom sash. The new Miss Franklin will receive an educational scholarship and use of the cape and mantle for one year.
Contestants in the Miss Division are:
- Bria Angelle Stewart – Bria is the 18-year-old daughter of Juan and Stephanie Stewart of Franklin. She is currently attending the University of Louisiana at Lafayette where she is majoring in Accounting.
- Kimberleigh Marie Theriot – Kimberleigh is the 17-year-old daughter of Jeannie and Steven Hebert of Franklin. She is currently a student at West St. Mary High School.
Contestant in the Teen Division is:
- Heatherliegh Ann Furlow – Heatherliegh is the 14-year-old daughter of Tammy and Bill Furlow of Franklin. She is currently a student at West St. Mary High School.
Contestant in the Princess Miss Division is:
- Kaitlyn Theriot – Kaitlyn is the 12-year-old daughter of Jeannie and Steven Hebert of Franklin. She is currently a student at B. Edward Boudreaux Elementary School.
Contestants in the Miss and Master Royalty Pageant will be judged on Natural Beauty, Summer Sportswear and Best Dress. Overall winners will receive a rhinestone tiara, a trophy and a custom sash and prizes will be awarded for Fashion and Photogenic in each age division.
Contestants in the Miss and Master Pageant are:
- Noah Michel Dugas – Noah is the five-month-old son of Scott and Carlie Dugas of Charenton.
- Jolié Rose Marie Garrison – Jolié is the six-month-old daughter of Tasha Grogan and Joseph Garrison Jr. of Franklin.
- Bryleigh Comeaux – Bryleigh is the 1-year-old daughter of Mark and Brianna Comeaux of Baldwin.
- Chamyra J. Charles – Chamyra is the 3-year-old daughter of Brandie Charles and Trevose Collins of Jeanerette.
- Sophie Morris – Sophie is the 5-year-old daughter of Donnie and Amy Morris of Baldwin.
The pageant is sponsored by the City of Franklin and the Franklin Lion’s Club. Susan Kerry Thibodeaux is the director.