Friday fire in Morgan City

Firefighters use a chainsaw to cut through the roof of house that caught fire in the 400 block of Fifth Street in Morgan City. Walter Fowler, who was inside the residence, smelled smoke coming from the attic and called the fire department. Homeowner Larry Kyle said the fire may have been caused by faulty wiring. Both men were inside the house at the time of fire and escaped unharmed, they said. Kyle’s dogs also got out uninjured, he said.
(The Daily Review Photo by Zachary Fitzgerald)

PLEASE LOG IN FOR PREMIUM CONTENT Our website requires visitors to log in to view the best local news from Morgan City and Franklin, LA. Not yet a subscriber? Subscribe today!

St. Mary Now & Franklin Banner-Tribune

Franklin Banner-Tribune
P.O. Box 566, Franklin, LA 70538
Phone: 337-828-3706
Fax: 337-828-2874

Morgan City Daily Review
P.O. Box 948, Morgan City, LA 70381
Phone: 985-384-8370
Fax: 985-384-4255

Follow Us