Fire destroys Franklin home

Franklin Fire Department personnel responded to a mobile home fire in the city Friday.
Chief Chuck Bourgeois reported that three units and seven firefighters found heavy fire and smoke on arrival at 11:58 a.m. at the residence at 1221 Josephine St. Assistance was called from Baldwin, Centerville, Chitimacha and Fire Protection District II. The fire was under control by 12:15 p.m. No one was home at the time of the incident
Fire damage was limited to a bedroom and bathroom. Heat, smoke and water damage occurred throughout the structure.
Suspected cause was an electrical outlet where a window air conditioner was plugged in. The residence was occupied by four adults and two children and the American Red Cross was contacted for aid.
There was no operational smoke detector, and Bourgeois said that if the fire would have happened while residents were home “the outcome could have been tragic.” He urged residents to check smoke detectors for operation and battery condition.

St. Mary Now & Franklin Banner-Tribune

Franklin Banner-Tribune
P.O. Box 566, Franklin, LA 70538
Phone: 337-828-3706
Fax: 337-828-2874

Morgan City Daily Review
P.O. Box 948, Morgan City, LA 70381
Phone: 985-384-8370
Fax: 985-384-4255

Follow Us