Fire cause may have been electric

Franklin Fire Department personnel responded to a structure fire on Carl C. Foulcard Drive Monday morning.

They were called out at 6:04 a.m. and arrived at 709 Carl C. Foulcard Drive at 6:08 a.m. to find a bedroom of the residence on fire with flames coming out the window.

The fire was contained to the bedroom and under control by 6:18 a.m. No one was at home at the time.

Chief Chuck Bourgeois said damage was probably due to an electrical malfunction. He estimated damage at $30,000 to the contents of residence and $20,000 to the structure.

Baldwin, Centerville and Charenton fire personnel rendered assistance.

St. Mary Now & Franklin Banner-Tribune

Franklin Banner-Tribune
P.O. Box 566, Franklin, LA 70538
Phone: 337-828-3706
Fax: 337-828-2874

Morgan City Daily Review
P.O. Box 948, Morgan City, LA 70381
Phone: 985-384-8370
Fax: 985-384-4255

Follow Us