Early Monday fire

An early Monday morning fire destroyed this home on Hebert Street in Chatsworth Subdivision. Franklin Fire Chief Chuck Bourgeois said the occupant was transported to Franklin Foundation Hospital with a suspected anxiety attack and a fireman with probably heat exhaustion. Bourgeois said the cause has not been positively determined but is suspected to be electrical. He reminded residents that now is a good time to install smoke detectors in their homes.

St. Mary Now & Franklin Banner-Tribune

Franklin Banner-Tribune
P.O. Box 566, Franklin, LA 70538
Phone: 337-828-3706
Fax: 337-828-2874

Morgan City Daily Review
P.O. Box 948, Morgan City, LA 70381
Phone: 985-384-8370
Fax: 985-384-4255

Follow Us